Scholarship Program Information & Criteria
1) Scholarship Amount is $1,500. Must be used for Education Only. Tuition, Books, etc... Education types include: Trade School, Technology College/ School, Community College, University, etc...)
2) Application process will begin in January of each year and close in the Spring of each year. Dates will be posted here and must be followed in order for your application to be considered.
3) Who is Eligible: Must be a Military Veteran, who served honorably OR the Family Member of a Military Veteran who served honorably (Family Member can be defined as: Daughter, Son, Grand Daughter, Grand Son, Brother, Sister, Neice, Nephew, etc...
4) Who Can Apply: A qualified Military Veteran, or a Qualified Family Member of a Military Veteran (see above).
5) The Scholarship Applicant/Recipient - MUST be a resident of Sarasota or Manatee Counties in Florida. (With Valid ID)
6) What information do we need to consider the Application: A copy of the Veteran's DD 214. Thus proving eligibility for submission. If you are the relative of a Veteran, you will need to attach a copy of that Veterans DD 214 and also tell us your affiliation to that Veteran: Daughter, Son, granddaughter, etc..)
7) What is required to apply for Scholarship. The applicant must submit up to a 750 word essay on why they should receive the $1,500 Scholarship.
8) You may ONLY submit one application per person, per calendar year.
9) Winning applicants will be notified immediately after our Scholarship Committee, makes their decision.
Note Regarding Applications: Please fill out ALL fields below, as well as attach DD-214